Saturday, September 30, 2006

Spring Break: Let's party!

Well, it's holidays once again, and I'm once again work experience-less. Must keep busy. So, what've we got planned? Well, there's still plenty of work to do for Suit Up!, so that should keep me busy. I have to plan and begin work on both my website and my DVD. I also have to go back to my original footage and find all the cool little bits, make an EDL, etc, etc. in order to put together some special features for the DVD. Anyway, not important here.

Besides all the work I have to do, I have some other projects to start thinking of. I'm going to be doing production design on an MRC funded film called "Flyswatter Dance Instructor" to be directed by my friend and personal hero, Dangerous Dave. We've got auditions happening next Friday. I also have toyed with the idea of going to Melbourne or Sydney these holidays, but I'm not entirely sold on this idea, if only for the fact that I have no money.

In spite of all this, I'm thinking that I will film at least two additional projects these holidays. I want to film a music video, and I want to film another short, with story yet to be decided. One of my actresses from Suit Up!, Lynda, has expressed an interest in doing some more work together, so I'll maybe give that some thought. I might also try my hand at some animation. Finally, I'd like to start a video blog. Maybe as a once-a-week thing.

So, to sum up:
  • 1 x music video
  • 1 x short film
  • 1 x animation
  • 2x video blogs (one per each week)
  • 1x Super8 in-camera short
Let's get to work. Any takers?

Update: I just remembered that I've got my Super8 camera lying around still. Added to the list is one Norwood Cheek-style in-camera edited Super8 film. 400 ft. All editing in-camera. No touching after the fact. And make the music before hand. I'll have to get my hands on some Tri-X or some such. Mo' money, but worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan Sheldon said...

count me in! i'll have a chat to you soon about some ideas. you mentioned animation, i had a dream a few nights ago which i made a script from that i think will be cool as a david firth style flash animation.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 6:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home