Saturday, July 22, 2006

Holiday Project 4


Holiday Project 4
Originally uploaded by JCriquet.

Well, today was not the massive disaster that I was ever so sure it would be... well, I'm being overly dramatic once again, but... Let's just say I thought it was gonna be a bit of a non-event, but I think what transpired was a simple bit of improvisational film-making, and it was lots of fun for me to direct once again.

I presented Chris and Maxx with a scenario and some basic character traits which they then used and took on board to create a dialogue between two people, a young man and an older woman (the mother of his best friend) as she tries to break off the affair that they've been having. The guys really started to get a feel for it in the end.

Our major dramas were the fading sunlight the low battery on the camera, and the complete lack of sound recording equipment. I think the first two will ne fine, but sounds gonna be a nightmare. We'll see how it goes. If we release it on YouTube we might be able to get away with some re-recording.

In any case, my thanks to the wonderful Chris Koch, actress extraoirdinare, and the fantabulous Maxx who has worked very hard to try and get some ideas out of me, and who was a source of valubale knowledge during the whole shoot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan Sheldon said...

YEAH! you put maxx in it for the sex appeal, don't lie now! heck it's worked on me, put it on youtube as soon as you can!

Monday, July 24, 2006 5:33:00 pm  
Blogger JCriquet said...

Aw yeah, boy, you KNOW i did. :D

Nah, I just thought it could work. It was pretty cool, we'll see what comes out.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:56:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home